We all lead stressful lives. That’s something that pretty much all of us can agree on right? With the speed of information and life these days, it’s a miracle that we remain standing at the end of every day.
If you’re anything like me, falling asleep once I finally hit the pillow takes about .045 seconds. Approximately.
In an attempt to help you combat the stresses of life, we’ve put together a short list of 10 easy ways to unwind this spring.
- Get a Massage – This is one of my personal favorites for obvious reasons. Reducing muscle tension and taking the time to focus on relaxing can be extremely good for your health. If anybody gives you a hard time about spending a little extra money or taking time away from work to get your massage, just tell them it’s recommended by health care pros!
- Take a Nature Walk – In Utah we’re lucky to be surrounded by some stunning landscapes. Leave your phone in your car and get out and enjoy nature. Don’t allow any other distractions. Go and enjoy your time with Mother Nature.
- Exercise – The high intensity may seem like the opposite of winding down, but a good workout will help you release any built up negative energy. Do a small amount of exercise daily and you’ll immediately begin to feel more calm during your downtime.
- Sit up in your Chair – This one may sound strange, but sitting up straight will improve your breathing and then increase oxygen flow throughout your body. Sitting up straight will have you feeling more relaxed in minutes.
- Laugh – Visit your favorite joke website, share a funny experience, or even watch your favorite funny movie. Few things will have you feeling zen more quickly than a good chuckle.
- Take a Bubble Bath – You don’t have to ask me twice! Fill a tub with warm water, dim the lights, and enjoy the silence. Be sure not to fall asleep! Oh, and keep your blow dryer as far away from the tub as possible too!
- Try Yoga – I’ll admit that I haven’t given this one a shot yet. My lack of flexibility makes me a novice contortionist. That said, millions swear by the relaxation that Yoga brings to their lives.
- Get a Pedicure – As a man, this one was initially hard for me to endorse. That is, until a month ago when I went and got one for myself. After the initial discomfort of having another person handle your feet passes by, the experience can be incredibly relaxing. (And no, I didn’t get my toenails painted).
- Kill the Clutter – This is obviously easier said than done, but clutter subconsciously — or in some cases VERY consciously — drives up our stress levels. Don’t stress yourself out in the process of de-cluttering. Designate 10 minutes a day to cleaning clutter. You’ll find that you’ll be back and organized in no time.
- Enter our Unwind This Spring Giveaway – Sure this is a bit of a shameless plug. However, we really want as many stressed out caregivers as possible to get a chance to win our two night retreat to the Homestead Resort in Midway. If you still haven’t heard about it, you can check out the details and enter by clicking the image below. The giveaway ends this Friday (May 13th) at midnight so be sure to enter soon!